There are certain items that you need for every loan application, some of which can save you a good deal of money.
We have listed the most common for you below so you can get save time on gathering these items in advance for your loan.
- Pay Stubs —Copies of pay stubs from the last 30 days.
- W-2’s —If you are a salaried or hourly employee, please send copies of your two most recent year’s W'2s. We DO NOT need tax returns UNLESS you are self-employed or receive 25% or more of your income from bonuses or commissions, or you own 25% or more of the company..
- Bank/Asset Statements —Please provide three months of statements for all assets to be claimed on the Loan Application. These include checking, savings, CD’s, 401K, stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. PLEASE SEND EVERY PAGE OF THE BANK/ASSET STATEMENTS.
- Copy of Driver’s License or Social Security Card – The Patriot Act requires this info.
- Divorce Decree —If you have been divorced in the last seven years, please provide a copy of your divorce decree with Separation Agreement. What is most important here is child support, alimony, etc.
- Bankruptcy Papers —If you have filed for bankruptcy in the past seven years, please provide your full bankruptcy papers with discharge and a letter of explanation.
- Insurance Information — Current Home Insurance information. Or for PURCHASES: Once you have a contract for a new home, you will need to acquire homeowner’s insurance and provide that documentation.
- Contract —If you have a contract to purchase a new home, please provide that information.
- Mortgage Statement —This gives us easy access to important information about your mortgage to get payoff information. Please remember to include any 2nd mortgages or Home Equity Lines if applicable.
- Title Policy —Providing a copy of your previous owner's title policy entitles you to a significant discount on your new title policy (provided the policy is no more than ten years old). Your title policy generally comes in the mail 30 days after you close. This is not required, but it could save you some money.
If Self-employed or Commission-based:
- Tax Returns —If you are self-employed or receive more than 25% or more of your income from bonuses or commissions, please provide your federal income tax returns with ALL schedules from the last two years. If your company income is handled through Schedule C, personal returns are all we need. If you file corporate returns and receive a W-2, we will need two years of both corporate returns and W-2’s.
Get Started with Churchill Mortgage
- Would you like to Get Started by filling out our loan information form?
- Would you like to discuss your loan options by phone? Give us a call at 1-866-722-7922
One Of The Largest Financial Decisions Of Your Life
When you are making one of the largest financial decisions of your life, you need to work with someone that is willing to spend time with you to help you understand the process and your options. No matter your experience level or your financial picture, you still need a caring, knowledgeable professional that keeps up with the changes that regularly occur in the mortgage industry.
Our Purpose is to deliver the highest standard of information, resources, and service to everyone that contacts us, and to do so with integrity and accuracy. This allows our customers to confidently recommend their acquaintances, friends, and family members to us for their mortgage needs. Count on us to deliver exceptional service you will want to tell others about.